Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thankful Thursdays: The Art of Saying Thank You


I got teased the other day for saying "Thank you" to someone who stepped back so I had room to pick up a piece of paper I'd dropped. I really appreciated the courtesy I was given. It wasn't out of order to say thanks.




 Some people go to a lot of work to create personalized thank you notes. Imagine the hours put into this colorful, cheerful display of appreciation!

Certain localities display signs to let visitors and locals know it's nice to see them. The gratitude never runs out. That's a good thing.



There are probably millions of ways to show thanks in every language. A smile or pat on the back are just as valuable as verbal or written words.

Thank you for dropping by my site and for creating informative blogs for me and others to read, learn from, and enjoy.

And be warned - I will probably thank you time and again!

20 comments:

  1. Saying thank you is such an important thing, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who still does it! It seems to have fallen out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you value the importance of thank you's. Not enough people do these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish more people would say Thank You. It's not always the big things, it's the small things like this - that show you have manners and courtesy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say thank you even for the littlest things. I think it's just nice to do, and in the world we live in today - more of that is needed, for sure. - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So important to show respect. I think just a little thank you goes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think saying Thank You is important when you feel gratitude towards other people. So many people don't think to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good to make an effort to thank people. This is a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saying thank you is something I have instilled in my kids since they were very small.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you is something that I am trying to remember to say more often. I really have so much to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for a great reminder. My parents taught us kids to always say please and thank you. It is something that I have also taught my son.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it's so important to say thank you. Great post, everyone should read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have our kids send out thank you's for gifts... the old fashioned hand written kind or they can do art work, whichever they prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's a great habit to be in. Expressing gratitude makes me feel more grateful, and that's a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a whole holiday dedicated to saying thanks, so it must be important! I try to remember to let people know how thankful I am.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think so many people would benefit from trying this. We could all use a little more kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think a lot of people try to downplay thank yous because they can be so rare to receive from strangers. A little gratitude is nothing to be afraid of!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saying Thank You is an excellent practise to have. Here in Canada we told we say thank you too much but I really don't think it can be said too much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The power of thank you will never get old! I love thank yous in any capacity!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd have said thank you for the paper courtesy too. Good manners are never overrrated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always try to be polite. Sometimes a smile and some manners can change someones whole day.

    ReplyDelete