Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thankful Thursdays: My New 'Ove" Glove

Disclaimer: This review of the Ove Glove® is based on years of use. I wasn't asked to provide a review and received no compensation for it. Opinions are my own based on a dozen years of experience.


One of the most handy things around my kitchen is my Ove Glove®. I was happy with potholders and oven mitts for years. When my hubby found out he had diabetes, it was time to bring in the big guns for protection against hot pans and casserole dishes.


Diabetics frequently suffer from neuropathy and the resulting damage to nerves. It causes pain and a loss of feeling, usually in the feet and hands. It was a piece of cake to lower the temperature on the hot water heater so he didn't get burned while taking a shower or washing pots and pans. I wanted to protect him from burns when he took things off the burner or out of the oven, since he had no idea of how hot things were.

I saw a commercial for the Ove Glove® about a dozen years ago and found a coupon for a discount at Walgreen's a couple of days later. The cost was less than some of the quality burn lotions on the shelf near the pharmacy, so the Kevlar ® and Nomex ® mitt became his Just Because gift. 

Use the glove on the right hand or flip it over for the left. Both sides are thermal insulators and allow a margin of safety while holding hot pans like cookie sheets and cast iron skillets.
Everyone in the family got spoiled used to using the protective glove, which also contains cotton and polyester. That's part of its flexibility and soft feeling. The man of the house left his earthly pain behind and moved onto a better plane of existence a couple of years ago. As our sorrow ebbed and we began taking stock of what needed done, we realized it was harder to wash stains out of the still reliable glove. 

Wow! I got an incredible treat when I opened a gift from the kids and found the latest Ove Glove®! See all that blue? It's non-slip silicone grip. Now it's even easier to hold on to slippery glass cookware when moving it from the stove or oven to another location. It's still a left or right hand holder with the same flexibility for every finger. 

This delightful addition to cooking time was purchased at K-Mart. They are also available at places like Ace Hardware, True Value, Kroger, and Amazon.



Here is my right hand with wiggly fingers in the Ove Glove®


It's hard to think of the right gift for friends and family. I feel so strongly about the quality and protection of Ove Glove® that I've given it as a gift when I know that a family can really use it. 

The only way to make it better is to manufacture one for younger kids.

24 comments:

  1. What a smart idea. I'm always burning my fingertips when the potholder slips, so I should totally get one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ove Glove is awesome! I totally didnt' believe it would work, but I got one, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should get an Ove Glove. It looks like it would be so much more convenient that a regular oven mitt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need one of these. Regular cooking mits can be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of these and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ove Glove would be super handy. I use oven mitts almost every time I cook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband could really use something like this. I can not tell you how many times he has burned himself while trying to multitask in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gift. I could use one I always struggle when I try to take the glass bowl out of the oven with potholders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! How cute. I need one. Must have it. Going to see about buying one now, just because I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so handy. Like the grip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never heard of this product before. I'm always worried about burning my hands when I take things out of the oven. I need something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen these for years, and I always wanted one but haven't ever gotten one. I may need to pick one up, I keep forgetting about it! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have wanted one of these for years! I burn myself all too often around here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to get some of these clovers for when I'm baking and having a BBQ. They would definitely make life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this glove and use it many times a week. It is a bit thick, but overall, I like the ease of use and the protection it provides!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen those, and always wondered. It seems like a genius idea. You'll have even more control using the glove.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a few Ove Gloves and love them. I generally grab for it when I am using the cast iron pans in the oven. Otherwise, I just reach for the mitt or the pot holder.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ive burnt my hand so many times! I would love to own a pair of these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great idea. I am always burning my hands through the pot olders I have.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to replace my faded and tattered oven mitts with an Ove Glove - would be much easier to grip my casserole dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't heard of the Ove Glove and appreciate the insight. I also did not know about the Diabetes situation either.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this is an awesome kitchen item. Can't be too careful with nerve sensitivity. Great product!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have this thing about being able to fully grip my pans coming out of the oven. This glove gives you much better grip than the average pot holder

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need this like asap. I've heard they are perfect when using it for the oven. Going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete