Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Traveling Tuesdays: At Home Dreaming 7 21 15

What happened to summer? This part of Nevada usually gets an occasional thunderstorm due to seasonal heat. We are having them as a daily routine! It just isn't safe to take off and travel remote areas. Even the drive to Reno includes some isolated wilderness. Here is the challenging threat I saw from my yard an hour ago:


Ho, hum. Okay, paying bills and grocery shopping can wait. It's not like either is that much fun, anyway. Instead, I'll think of fictional travels made realistic by modern technology and films.


I'd like to travel to Themyscira and meet Diana Prince's friends and family. Did you know there is a new Wonder Woman movie scheduled for release in the US June 23, 2017? Gal Gadot stars as the super-heroine.

Just think how valuable the Lasso of Truth would be when you're not sure if someone is being on the up-and-up with you.





It's a great "in-the-future" time to head for Starfleet HQ's in San Francisco. Interplanetary cadets make the galaxy a safer place as everyone learns to accept differences in appearance, ability, and culture. The Klingon really towers over me (I'm the one in the middle). He even managed to smile.







Instead of looking out the window, I'll imagine I am at the air balloon races held in Reno every year. The blue sky is what I'd like to see a bit more of. I need a time machine.









I could save time using some of the wormholes hanging around space to travel quickly from one galaxy to another. The problem seems to be unforeseen detours and capsizing of the infrastructure. Okay, forget that idea. It rates right up there with thunderstorms.

On the other hand, it would be an adventure to write about in another episode of Traveling Tuesdays. Hmm! I'll keep that in mind. Meanwhile, have a wonderful week. Have you visited (in reality or in imagination) any wonderful spots lately?

20 comments:

  1. Those wormholes sure would make it convenient to travel places quickly. We need to make those a reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to travel by hot air balloon. It looks like it would be fun and also everyone's eyes would be on you - wondering what fancy person is up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to take a ride in a hot air balloon. It sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go in a hot air balloon. I am looking forward to the Wonder Woman movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find myself daydreaming now and then too. It definitely seems like there's never enough time to do everything you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I daydream a ton. I actually wouldn't mind getting in a hot air balloon and just seeing how far I can go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's about time they made a Wonder Woman movies. There have been rumors for years. I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am south of you in Las Vegas and we are having an unusually cool summer. Rainstorms are a perfect time to daydream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I didn't have a fear of heights. Everytime I see a hot air balloon I think it looks like so much fun but I wouldn't even be 10 feet off the ground before freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I've been dreaming of visiting home and seeing family. It's been awhile since we saw family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I've been wondering if she'll be using the lasso of truth in the new movie. Maybe they will upgrade her weapon... I'm not sure what I would at this point. A taser maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hot air balloons are so beautiful. I would not be caught dead in one though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you're having some out of this world travel dreams! And to think I just wanted to go to Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got a list of all the places I'd love to visit. It's long, getting longer. I need to plan alternate ways to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We definetley have no lack of summer around these parts! Sounds like I need to head to where you are for a vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Star Trek. I love to day dream what it would be like to live on a star ship.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah the things we could do with a time machine. ;) I love the balloons too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the reminder about the Wonder Woman movie. I was a huge fan as a child. I even dressed up as Wonder Woman for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no idea a Wonder Woman movie was in the works. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, I loved Wonder Woman when I was a kid! I'd love to travel to Oz. :)

    ReplyDelete