Monday, August 10, 2015

Traveling Tuesdays: Farmers Markets are Filled with Family Fun



I received no compensation for this post. I just love farmers markets, especially well-organized events that go out of their way to make it a special time for individuals and families.
Farmers Market in Portland OR


Farmers  markets are part of ancient Egyptian history. Farmers would grow crops along the Nile and bring fresh produce to nearby towns to sell. Now the event takes place around the world. Some sell foods exclusively or include assorted goods. 

Dane County Farmers Market, Madison WI




Markets in the US consist of tents and tables lined on either side of the street or in a market square.  Some areas sponsor indoor farmers markets to provide shelter from very hot or very rainy weather. 
Stroud Gloucestershire England Farmers Market

 


The farmers market in Fallon, NV is a friendly, family event held at 925 W Williams Ave every Tuesday afternoon between 5 and 8 pm from June through August. Local and organic produce is offered. Some booths feature local crafts, while others serve up delicious food and cold beverages. Entertainment varies, but is always well-received.  Face-painting for the kids is a popular draw. 

Talbot Farmers Market

Fallon is known for its delicious cantaloupe. Zucchini squash, deep green cucumbers, and other fresh, locally-grown veggies are an impressive site. Nectarines, grapes, and plums are among the fruit grown throughout Nevada and California and brought to Fallon for the summer Tuesday sales. 

Ramah New Mexico Farmers Market


Is there a local farmers market in your area? What is your favorite item?

25 comments:

  1. You have better farmer's markets than we do. We have a big on in Boston called Haymarket, on the weekends, but it;s a ZOO, so I almost never go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Georgia. We're all our own farmer's markets down here. I think we have one a little north of us, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think there is and I have never been! I would LOVE to go and buy some fresh veggies! I must see about going to the next one around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the best markets I've been to have been just a few tables set up with loads of produce. Nothing fancy, but great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love visiting the farmers market and always seem to find the greatest items available. A recent favorite was a crystallized orange honey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great one. The town near us has one but it is small.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked the ones that we had in Michigan. I occasionally stop by a few in NC as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Farmers markets are always so fun. Yours looks like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love going to farmers markets. There isn't one near us, but there is a flea market where local people set up and sale their veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Farmer's Markets too. This one sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love farmer's markets! They're such a great place to get the freshest possible fruits and vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We enjoy our local farmers market as well. I enjoy the smell of the fresh flowers as well as the locally made honey. Sometimes we have lunch as a local farm has sausage and bratwurst for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been to the farmers market here in Toronto yet. But I would really love to. I visit little fruit stands and buy my veggies and fruits from there. I need to check out the farmer market! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Farmers Markets are so great. I love supporting the local farmers and the produce is always so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love the farmer's markets here too. They have so many...it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Farmers Markets are the best! I love going to them and I love supporting the local farmers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have a great Farmers Market in our area. It is so nice to get fresh locally grown produce. I love all the fresh flowers there are to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are a few farmers markets. I need to start shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh fun! I've never been to a farmer's market in my area! I need to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love going to farmer's markets. The fresh fruits are always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love farmers markets too! I can't wait until our's start selling pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That definitely looks like a great market to visit. I love supporting our local farmers

    ReplyDelete
  23. This farmer's market looks amazing! I love going to Farmer's Markets and see all the local fare.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Grant Park Famers Market here in Atlanta. They have organic meats, eggs and dairy which I love!

    ReplyDelete