Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Traveling Tuesdays: Thomas the Train and Virginia City







Virginia City - then and now
 Virginia City is one of Nevada’s best-known historical sites, thanks to Bonanza, the Ponderosa Ranch, and the long-running series about the Cartwright Family. The last week of October, as well as November 1, 2015, Thomas the Tank Engine is arriving for a working vacation!
St Mary's Catholic Church Virginia City


It’s a Day Out with Thomas as the Virginia and Truckee Railroad celebrates the special, kid-friendly event. Rides are available October 23, 24, 25, 30, 31 and November 1.


The mountains and rugged scenery provide a wonderful opportunity to view the Wild West that has yet to be tamed. It’s about a 45 minute drive from Reno to Virginia City. There are lots of things to do for every age. 



 
Miniature Garden Railway Display in NY


Thomas the Train attire on the Ballarine Peninsula Railway 

A Day with Thomas - Kent and East Sussex



Thomas is popular everywhere!
The train ride will last approximately 25 minutes. The railway controller, Sir Topham Hatt, will be available to meet the children. Storytelling and putt putt golf are also on the list of activities.


Virginia City circa 1937. The Wild West lives!
Reserve your spot by calling 866-468-7630 or purchase tickets online. Unsold tickets will be available for purchase at the Virginia and Truckee Railroad Depot in Virginia City. 

Treat your kids (and yourself) to a Day Out with Thomas. The event is available throughout the year in various states, including Iowa, Texas, and California. We're looking forward to the drive to Virginia City and experiencing the adventure.




19 comments:

  1. I've never heard of it, but it sounds like an interesting place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures of Thomas the train! I haven't seen any like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years ago, my kids would have killed to go see something like that. They were Thomas fiends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Live action Thomas the Train! That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my daughter would love this. I love trains and I know she would also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great opportunity to introduce the kids to Thomas and friends. This sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun. I know a lot of little kids that love Thomas the Tank Engine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like tons of fun. I am sure little boys and girls will love to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a lot of fun. I will have to see if they are going to do this in my area. My nephew loves trains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun experience. I know our boys would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like great fun for the whole family. I'll recommend this to my friends with small children
    ..but I know a few big kids that would love this too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like great fun for the whole family. I'll recommend this to my friends with small children
    ..but I know a few big kids that would love this too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My oldest would go nuts for Thomas! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! My little brother was in love with Thomas the Train when we was little! This is too cute and I have a niece that would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have to do this with the boychild, he loves Thomas the train so this may be an interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never been to Nevada before. My kids were obsessed with Thomas the Train when they were little.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thomas is so popular with little ones! I know this would totally make my nephew's entire life if he were able to see Thomas and even ride on him.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hadn't heard of this city. Sounds really cool. I always seem to miss the Thomas events near us.

    ReplyDelete