Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thankful Thursdays: Surviving with Sunshine

Sunshine perks me up! The large window in the front room allows the rays to pass through the glass and add warmth during the frigid winters. Sunlight helps keep the power bills down by providing natural light to read with, even far back where my computer desk is.


Like many other people, it's a struggle to survive when I went from a day job to finding other ways to earn money. I have some income, but not enough. The sweet creditors who call to remind me that just a few thousand dollars out of my account today will bring me up to date are able to say it without blinking. My savings are gone. I blink when I say it.



Well, doggone it, my money tree died during the drought a few years ago and never came back. Forget the idea of burying my head in the sand due to the embarrassing fact that I can only talk paying pennies rather than dollars. I'm going to surround myself with sunshine and weather this storm.



It's not an original idea. Go to Wikimedia Commons for a look at all the pictures with rays of sunshine. There's a reason so many people enjoy photographing the delightful little beams that dance across tabletops and carpet and even space stations.

Imagine being the person from NASA photographing the sunshine beyond the docking station. 



My remedy will be a strong dose of sunshine throughout the day. Since it's now officially fall, the days will grow shorter. I'll put pictures with rays of light around the house to turn my frown upside down and help me draft a plan to survive and remind me to explain (yet again) that I'm doing the best that I can.
Sunshine brings promise.

Blossoms in the spring - the earth survives!

I'll survive with the sunshine.







20 comments:

  1. This is a great way to look at things. All you can do is try your best. Keep your head up as things always seem to workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to look at things. All you can do is try your best. Keep your head up as things always seem to workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine cures everything, doesn't it? And if not, it at least makes it feel better for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of remaining positive and upbeat despite life's many stresses. Nothing makes me cherish life quite like sunshine on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunshine is good for the soul! Glad you are remaining positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the positive attitude. I think a Sunny attitude works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to stay positive. I find i get depressed if i do not get enough sun. I like to go tanning once a week in the winter to get some rays in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you've got the right perspective. More sunny days are ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your positivity will help you weather this storm. Rays of sunshine are a great reminder of how great things are and how wonderful it is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sunshine makes everything feel so much better. I find when I'm feeling down heading to the backyard in the sun with a nice cup of tea does a lot of good! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  11. When the sun comes out in the middle of a drab winter it does turn the frown upside down. I love everything about the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you found a way to be thankful on a weekly bases! Beautiful outlook on life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunshine really does makes things brighter doesn't it? It has been raining a lot here recently and it is tough to find motivation on those days. Today the sun is out and it feels like a different world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sunshine is super beautiful! My and my newborn love sitting in the sunshine first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such gorgeous photos. Sunshine is really important to me. It helps with my mental illness problems way more than popping a pill does sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sunshine always make me feel better. I snort with laughter when someone tells me that an account would be paid off with just X thousand, like I have that lying around!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It can so hard when it feels like you're drowning in debt but I hope things turn around with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes you just need a little sunshine in your life. I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sunshine can do such amazing things for us all. I need to get out in it more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your outlook on things! Sunshine is so good for all of us and a great mood booster.

    ReplyDelete