Monday, June 11, 2018

Getting Back into the Writing Habit

This has been one of the wildest weather patterns I've encountered! Late-season snow, 90 degrees one day and 29 degree day the next, and lots and LOTS of wind. Small plants got ripped out of the ground and large trees plummeted to the ground, The patio furniture was tossed this way and that. Lights flickered, the Internet failed, and power bounced off and back on. Yikes!

It reached the point where I started saving anything I was writing every couple of lines. Today we have more of a gentle breeze than a catastrophe. I'm using the time to get back into the writing habit. It's something I really enjoy.

The first thing I considered was a topic. So many pictures and happenings deliver ideas, so concentrating on one particular thing is a challenge.  

Fortunately, one of my photos caught my eye.
Is this the Nexus? What is it connecting to?


A black, nearly starless sky a few weeks ago was broken up by the moon shooting two beams through the wispy string of clouds.  It led to many questions, including how the solar system is able to provide so many unique sights for viewers in the universe.

How delightful to capture such an amazing scene. Imagination delivers so many possibilities for writing:

Is someone stranded on our moon and sending a distress signal in hopes of rescue?
Are solar lights being placed throughout the solar system?
Does darkness seem deeper when blazing beams shimmer across night's sky?

Traveling Tuesdays don't usually cover possible journeys of 238,900 miles. The scene reaffirmed the mystique of decades ago when Earthlings first traveled to the planet's satellite, and made several additional trips thereafter. Perhaps someone observed the astronauts and are inquiring after the welfare of Earth's citizens while questioning if we will be back.

 



 

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I find that it's easy to lose sight of the mysterious beauty all around us because we get so used to things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember that kind of weather by me although it took a long time to warm up. I loved those pictures great timing and ability to capture those flashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never seen a photo like this. What a lovely image of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an awesome photo! I have never seen the moon with beams like that. I have seen the moon with a ring around it (ice crystals in the atmosphere reflecting the light of the moon).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had any crazy weather lately but I have seen others see odd occurrences. I love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome photo. Our weather has begun to warm back up. It's been chilly for the last week or so. Great that you're getting back to writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo is amazing! I don't think I've seen anything like that in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an impressive photo - surely does tell a story all on its own. Also, your writing is always so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo! I agree, the world has so many incredible things for us to see, it's a blessing to be able to enjoy them while we can. As for the weather, it's just been a rainy mess here for over a week. I'm ready for real summer weather to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've struggled with writing lately and it's amazing how we don't notice things sometimes at first, but we do when we look again. Love your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather where I am has been crazy as well. Struggling with writing seems to be my life as of late, but I've come to the realization that most great writers do have a bit of struggle. That photo is beautiful. I would hang it in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toni | Boulder LocavoreJune 12, 2018 at 11:24 PM

    Sometimes it's hard for me to choose topics to write about. It's great how you found inspiration from a unique photo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah sometimes writers block can be aggravating. That photo is so captivating that light looks like I am staring into it in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pg-slot.game เว็บ ปั่นสล็อต ออนไลน์ คุณภาพได้เงินจริง 100 % สามารถเล่นได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง เล่นง่าย ได้เงินไว เล่นได้บนมือถือ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Biowin99 แจกแตกหนัก เป็นแพลตฟอร์มการเล่นเกมออนไลน์ที่คุณสามารถเลือกเล่นได้อย่างปลอดภัยและมั่นใจได้ ด้วยการให้บริการที่มีคุณภาพและเทคโนโลยีที่ทันสมัยของ pg slot เว็บที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete